The first Friday of each month
Lakelands shopping centre is excited to bring you some FREE kids yoga classes!
On the first Friday of each month, at 9am and opposite Muffin Break, the 30mins activity is hosted by local yoga instructor, Blaire.
Don’t forget to bring your own mat and towel on the day!
According to the Aussie Childcare Network, the benefits of yoga for children include:
Physical Benefits Of Yoga
- Builds core strength for good posture and overall physical fitness
- Helps to maintain flexibility and mobility in all joints and muscles
- Supports and strengthens the immune system by reducing stress and stimulating the lymph system
- Improves balance, alignment and coordination with practice of postures
- Develops sensory awareness – children learn to notice what’s going on in their body and mind while they’re in postures
Social, Emotional and Cognitive Benefits
- Increases attention span and improves concentration
- More oxygen circulates round the body and brain during yoga practice and breathing exercises, so improving memory retention and learning ability.
- Children get better at dealing with anxiety and stress because they learn to incorporate relaxation and breathing techniques into daily life.